Richards Nurseries was set up in 1958 by Tom (Ele) and Kathleen Richards. Ele was trained at R W Proctors of Chesterfield from leaving school.
From the start they specialised in growing roses, when recession hit they started growing and selling vegetable plants, and from a young age
All three children Wendy Gary and Cliff helped with planting seeds and potting plants up. When Ele died 22 years ago Kathleen took over and carried on the
business with help from Cliff and Wendy. Cliff then took over the running of the business with help from his sister Wendy.
Over the last few years Cliff has slowly modernised plant production, gaining a good reputation for quality plants at low prices.